Time needed: 35 minutes
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree - canned is ok, make sure not to get pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup low sugar and salt peanut butter, ½ cup more for drizzle
- ¼ cup oats
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- Bottle of Big Wags 300MG CBD Oil for dogs
Make sure to check your peanut butter for Xylitol as some companies put this in to make it low sugar and it is very bad for dogs!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and prep some cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Put all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine until well mixed and crumbly.
- Put half of the dough between two layers of parchment paper and roll to a 1/2 inch thickness with a rolling pin.
- Shape the treats with the cookie cutters and place them on the cookie sheets.
- Bake the treats for 16 minutes until crispy.
- Pull the treats out of the oven to let them cool.
- While the treats are cooling, microwave the remaining peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl until it is heated through and can run off a spoon. You should pull it out and stir every 30 seconds.
- Once the treats are cool to the touch, take a spoon and dip it into the warm peanut butter and drizzle it over the treats.
- To make the treat a CBD treat, take some of our Big Wags 300MG CBD oil for dogs and put the appropriate number of drops on the treat. We recommend 2 drops (10MG CBD) per 10 lbs administered twice daily.
A little background:
Did you spend 56 dollars at the pumpkin patch to bring home a bunch of pumpkins trying for the perfect #Halloween Instagram shot and now have a few extra pumpkins lying around? These pumpkin dog treats are a great way to not let your pumpkins go to waste while making something your dogs will love and come back begging for more! We put our Big Wags 300MG CBD oil on them as well. They not only tasted great but made our pups feel great too!
When we were making these the kitchen was full of pumpkin and peanut butter smells and the pups were running around in anticipation. We couldn't wait for them to finish in the oven. To shape them, we found some cute cookie cutters on Amazon. If you want the same cutters we used, here are the fall festive and dog bone ones we used.
Credit for the original recipe goes to: Spaceships and Laser Beams